AUTODESK VAULT IMPLEMENTATION
Autodesk Vault is data management software which helps designers and engineers organize design data, manage documentation, and track revisions and other development processes. Autodesk Vault covers 2D drawings, 3D models, offers, calculations, photographs and other file formats. Autodesk Vault is part of the Product Document Management System (PDM) software solutions group. Autodesk Vault is Microsoft SQL platform-based. In companies where Autodesk software solution is used and where is a lot of DWG drawings, 3D models from AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD Civil 3D, AutoCAD Plant 3D, Autodesk 3ds Max, etc.,
reasons for implementation Autodesk Vault software solution are following:
- Simple data management (2D drawings, 3D models, offers, calculations, photographs etc.);
- All project elements are stored in one location;
- Users can use data with defined access rights;
- Multiple users can work on different elements of the same project at the same time;
- Mistake possibility during project elements exchange is completely eliminated;
- Situation, where users have different versions of the same project on their computers, is eliminated;
- Following the certain project complete development history is possible;
- Certain previous project version could be used when needed.
Autodesk Vault tools are integrated with Autodesk software: AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, AutoCAD Mechanical, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Autodesk Revit, etc. Different file formats (PDF, JPG, TXT, etc.) and integration with Microsoft Office software Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (DOC, XLS, PPT, etc.). are additionally supported.
Autodesk Vault implementation methodology in company implies: current system analysis, defining goals and user demand on the basis of which implementation plan is defined. The plan defines following area: implementation, solution adjustment, administrator and users training, technical support.
The example of the successful Autodesk Vault Professional software solutions implementation in Serbia is ARB Sever company from Subotica. The solution covers four organization units in company’s framework and forty engineers and managers who work in Autodesk software solutions: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Mechanical, Autodesk Inventor, Product Design Suite, Autodesk Simulation, etc. It is planned to connect SAP ERP software solution and Autodesk Vault Professional for the next implementation phase.
References for Autodesk Vault in Serbia are the companies: ALFAPLAM - Vranje, ELMED – Temerin, HILLMEG ENGINEERING – Novi Sad, KOLUBARA METAL – Vreoci, MAŠINOPROJEKT KOPRING – Beograd, NAUST MARINE - Kragujevac, NIS – Novi Sad, RAPP MARINE - Knić, TIGAR TYRES - Pirot, VERTEX STAR – Kragujevac, YUBEL INŽENJERING – Beograd, etc.