Maya® 3D - animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering software provides an integrated, powerful toolset. Use it for animation, environments, motion graphics, virtual reality, and character creation.
- 3D Type - Create branding, flying logos, title sequences, and other projects that require text.
- Vector graphics workflow - Import or copy and paste SVG files into Maya.
- Motion Graphics toolset - Quickly create complex procedural effects and animations with instanced objects.
- Geodesic voxel binding - Produce high-quality, production-ready bound characters in less time.
- General animation tools - Toolset for keyframe, procedural, and scripted animation.
- Time Editor - Make high-level animation edits with a nondestructive, clip-based, nonlinear editor.
- Sculpting toolset - Sculpt and shape models artistically and intuitively.
- Polygon modeling - Efficient library enables faster, more consistent Boolean operations on polygon geometry.
- OpenSubdiv support - Accelerate performance with interactive workflows.
- Additional MASH nodes - The MASH toolset gives you new nodes (curve, signal, world, placer, and more), as well as updates to existing nodes.
Dynamics and effects
- Deep adaptive fluid simulation - Simulate high-level details with the new adaptive solver for Bifrost liquids.
- Adaptive aero solver in Bifrost - Create atmospheric effects such as smoke and mist.
- Bifrost procedural effects platform - Simulate and render photorealistic liquids.
- Bullet Physics - Create realistic rigid and soft-body simulations.
- Maya nCloth - Create realistic deformable materials.
- Interactive hair grooming (XGen) - Intuitive brush-based grooming tools give you greater control and accuracy for styling and posing hair and fur.
- Clump modifier for interactive grooming - Generate realistic clumping effects in hair and fur for more natural-looking hair.
- Bifrost Ocean Simulation System - Create realistic ocean surfaces with waves, ripples, and wakes.
3D rendering and shading
- Color management - Efficient library enables faster, more consistent Boolean operations on polygon geometry.
- Arnold integrated with Maya - Maya 2018 software is integrated with Arnold renderer, which helps solve complex rendering problems and makes it simple to render high-quality images quickly and efficiently. Use Arnold RenderView to view scene changes in real time, including lighting, materials, and camera.
- Render setup - Quickly render and manage complex scenes. Generate templates for the setup of a shot for easy reuse.
- After Effects live link - Create a live link between Maya and Adobe® After Effects® to make real-time changes and view scenes simultaneously.