Autodesk included Navisworks as part of software collections, with this they provide complete tool pallet for their users in fields of AEC (Architecture, Engineering & Construction) and MFG (Manufacturing). Characteristics of Navisworks are:
- Work with data from different CAD software.
- With lightweight model visualize complex models such as factories or plants.
- Provides walk-through and fly-trough movement in real time.
- Shows clash detection between all 3D models.
- Contains 3D tools for measuring, sectioning, movement simulations, materialization and more.
Free version of Navisworks which is called Navisworks Freedom allows user to review NWD and 3D DWF files with tools for model review such as: Walk; Look Around; Zoom; Zoom Box; Pan; Orbit; Examine; Fly; Turntable and tools for element properties, including comments, views, animations and more.
Fields of use: AEC, MFG, Coordination, Visualization, Review